Medical Billing Specialist
Cuyahoga County Board of Health
Reports to: PHN Supervisor
Position to be filled: January 3, 2023 .
Salary: $35,170 annually
Hours: Mon. – Fri., 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Flexible Work Arrangements: Alternate work schedule or changes in work schedule available after initial training period with approval. Core work hours of 10am to 2pm required of all staff. Remote work from home available up to two days per week with approval after the completion of a minimum of 60 days of employment.
Vaccine Policy: Effective November 1, 2021 all new hires will need to meet COVID and Influenza vaccine requirements or request an exemption as outlined in the CCBH Vaccination Policy.
- Associate's degree in health information management technology or related field or two years of direct experience.
- Minimum of three years of medical office and medical billing with collection experience.
- Certified Medical Coder and Certified Medical Insurance Specialist credentials.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task on a daily basis.
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology, billing/collection processes, and insurance billing and coding (ICD-10 and CTP).
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal billing regulations and third party insurance program requirements.
- Proficiency with use of databases for data querying and reporting.
- Proficiency with use of PC hardware & basic software (i.e. Microsoft office), email, and office equipment (i.e., copier, fax, scanner, telephone, etc.).
- Strong customer service, verbal and written communication skills, and effective presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal relationship skills including cultural sensitivity & competence.
May include but not limited to:
- Maintains up to date knowledge of third party billing procedures and regulations in accordance with HIPAA, CMS, the ACA, etc. Leads the claims resolution process on behalf of the agency with third party providers.
- Revises, corrects and codes medical charges into the billing system. Enters medical charges into billing system. Addresses and resolves billing discrepancies with third party providers.
- Verifies insurance eligibility and level of benefit coverage for clients.
- Reviews all medical claims for accuracy prior to submission to the medical claims clearinghouse for payment processing.
- Assists with any updates and the maintenance of the clinic fee schedule utilizing the CPT, HCPCS, ICD-9 and ICD-10 code databases.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of the latest methods of data collection, coding, billing, collection and claims submission.
- Receives and posts daily insurance and self-pay payments into the billing system and addresses any denials. Confers with the insurance carrier and/or clinic staff to resolve any discrepancies.
- Performs periodic audits of CCBH contracts and agreements to ensure availability of the most current information for all medical insurance carriers, CCBH, and its providers.
- Collaborates with internal and external partners on special projects as assigned.
- Develops and extracts reports from databases (i.e., EHR, etc.) for delivery to internal and external customers.
- Participates in public health emergency activities as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Please complete the online application on our website, www.ccbh.net/jobs
All applicants are required to upload a resume and include a cover letter with their application.
Deadline to Apply: December 2, 2022
Bilingual Applicants Welcome
Employees hired for a position that is funded in whole or in part by a designated funding source may be laid off when the funding source is reduced or eliminated.
THIS AGENCY IS AN EQUAL PROVIDER OF SERVICES AND AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER CIVIL RIGHTS ACT 1964
THIS EMPLOYER PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY
All employees hired for a position must be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.