Human Resources Generalist
Cuyahoga County Board of Health
Reports to: Human Resources Supervisor
Position to be filled: August 12, 2019 Hours: Mon. – Fri., 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
Starting Salary: $46,991 Annually
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
- Three (3) years of human resource generalist experience.
- A valid Ohio driver's license with ongoing proof of auto insurance.
- Ability to efficiently multi-task on a daily basis.
- Strong knowledge of HR laws, practices and policies.
- Proficiency with use of PC hardware & basic software (i.e. Microsoft office), email, and office equipment (i.e., copier, fax, scanner, telephone, etc.).
- Strong customer service, verbal & written communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills including cultural sensitivity & competence.
- Proficiency with creating and maintaining databases/spreadsheets, reports and tables.
- Ability to interpret policy, procedures and employment law.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Conducts full-cycle recruiting activities for all levels of CCBH job vacancies.
- Assists with employee and labor relations activities.
- Assists in the implementation and monitoring of initiatives and/or programs that promote diversity within the agency.
- Provides feedback and guidance to leaders and staff regarding policies, procedures, collective bargaining agreements, and employment laws & regulations.
- Coordinates classification and compensation activities.
- Conducts performance management activities including coaching & feedback discussions, performance evaluation meetings and formal documentation.
- Leads benefit administration, reviews and reconciles statements (i.e. dental, life, FSA, health, etc.).
- Facilitates completion of open enrollment and educates CCBH staff on benefit options.
- Processes transactions affiliated with personnel actions (i.e leaves of absence, accommodations, promotions, workers compensation, etc.).
- Assists Supervisor with reviewing and developing HR policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with other Cuyahoga County departments for unemployment and workers compensation administration.
- Maintains and updates HR documents and employee files.
- Gathers and organizes documents to satisfy public records requests or other reporting obligations.
- Performs other duties as requested and/or assigned by Supervisor or Director/Deputy Director.
- Participates as requested or needed in the event of any public health emergency.
Please complete the online application on our website, www.ccbh.net/jobs
Please upload your resume to your application.
Deadline to Apply: June 7, 2019
Internal applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org Employees hired for a position that is funded in whole or in part by a designated funding source may be laid off when the funding source is reduced or eliminated.
THIS AGENCY IS AN EQUAL PROVIDER OF SERVICES AND AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYER CIVIL RIGHTS ACT 1964
THIS EMPLOYER PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY