Director of Nursing
Marietta/Belpre City Health Department
Full-time Director of Nursing position
Due to retirement, Marietta/Belpre City Health Department is seeking an experienced public health nurse to lead our Public Health Nursing section as we seek to make a greater difference in our communities and achieve national public health accreditation.
- Registered Nurse licensed to practice in Ohio; BSN strongly preferred
- Minimum of five years of nursing experience (preferably in public health) with progressive levels of responsibility, including two years’ supervisory experience
- CPR/AED certification
- Valid driver’s license and insurability according to Health Department policy
Primary responsibilities include:
- Plans, develops, directs, and evaluates public health nursing services and programs.
- Identifies current and future public health needs of local residents by monitoring disease trends and community health indicators, participating in community health assessment and improvement efforts, collaborating with other city and/or county officials, and serving as a subject matter expert for community partners and residents.
- Supervises all staff in Public Health Nursing section and personally provides nursing services on a periodic basis.
- Ensures all records and reports are maintained in accordance with applicable privacy laws, requirements, and/or Health Department policy. Serves as the agency’s privacy officer.
- Leads public health nursing section’s accreditation efforts and participates in agency’s long-range planning.
Please submit cover letter and resume to Health Commissioner Anne Goon via email (email@example.com), fax (740) 376-6445, or mail at Marietta/Belpre City Health Department, 304 Putnam Street, Marietta, OH 45750.
Resumes accepted until position is filled. Applicants will be selected for interviews based on qualifications and the quality of resumes and cover letters. EOE/EOP.