Payroll and Human Resources Coordinator
Franklin County Public Health
Why Work Here? Be Valued!
As a public service agency, we know our greatest assets are the people behind the service. We recognize the value of our employees through competitive pay and an amazing benefit package for staff and their family. Franklin County Public Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
The FCPH value statement says it all: We serve our communities, our organization, and each other with Integrity, Accountability, Excellence, Respect and Humility.
Franklin County Public Health provides:
- Schedules to support a work/life balance.
- Robust benefits including medical, dental, vision, EAP and a flexible spending account.
- Life insurance, short and long term disability options are also offered.
- Vacation time, personal time, sick time, and paid holidays.
- And much more!
Now Hiring: Payroll and Human Resources Coordinator
The Payroll Coordinator is responsible for performing complex organizational duties related to payroll, benefits, reconciliations, recruitment, and other topics as assigned. This position focuses on providing excellent customer service to internal and external customers in accordance with the mission, core values, and purposes of Franklin County Public Health.
- Processes the bi-weekly payroll for all staff, board members and others as designated within established deadlines.
- Reviews payroll reports and timesheets for accuracy.
- Oversees the implementation of salary changes, benefits, deductions, vacations payouts, and other needs for employees.
- Assists in payroll and timesheet audit activities; assists in tax calculations and related activities as per IRS regulations.
- Responds to payroll queries from employees in a timely manner including verifications.
- Manages the new hire paperwork; Trains employee on timesheets, tax forms, etc.
- Creates, compiles, organizes and maintains personnel files.
- Posts open positions to various job boards and reviews incoming resumes and applications for minimum qualifications as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate’s degree in human resources, business administration, or related field, or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with payroll administration required.
- Technical proficiency required with Microsoft Office Suite and payroll databases (MUNIS experience preferred).
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail and accuracy, customer service skills with the ability to learn new information quickly.
Licensure or Certification Requirements:
- Valid Ohio driver’s license
- Related payroll certifications (CPP) preferred
Salary: $18.58/hour to $21.86/hour - This is a non-exempt position.
Interested applicants should send:
- Cover letter
- FCPH application (located: http://www.myfcph.org/careers)
TO: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Payroll Coordinator
OR Mail To:
Franklin County Public Health
Attn: Human Resources – Payroll Coordinator
280 East Broad Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215-4562
Deadline for Applying: Internal applicants (April 19, 2019); External applicants (Until filled)
No phone calls please.
Franklin County Public Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.