Administrative Assistant II - HSP
Franklin County Public Health
Why Work Here? Be Valued!
As a public service agency, we know our greatest assets are the people behind the service. We recognize the value of our employees through competitive pay and an amazing benefit package for staff and their family. Franklin County Public Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
The FCPH value statement says it all: We serve our communities, our organization, and each other with Integrity, Accountability, Excellence, Humility and Respect.
Franklin County Public Health provides:
- Schedules to support a work/life balance.
- Robust benefits including medical, dental, vision, an employee assistance program and a flexible spending account.
- Life insurance, short and long term disability options are also offered.
- Vacation time, personal time, sick time, and paid holidays.
- And much more!
NOW HIRING: Administrative Assistant II (Assistant to the Director of Health Systems and Planning)
The Assistant to the Director of Health Systems and Planning performs complex administrative and clerical duties for the Director or designee.
- Manage calendar for supervisor or designee. Schedule and coordinate appointments, presentations, appointments and travel arrangements for Director or designee.
- Assist with programmatic grants and/or budget management.
- This position will take minutes of internal or external committees and other meetings as required.
- Participate in Quality Improvement and PHAB reaccreditation efforts.
- Manage program tasks as assigned, including coordination and drafting of reports, orders, resolutions and contracts for Board of Health meetings.
- This role interacts with the public in person, by phone and by email; responding to questions and requests for information or public records, answer incoming calls and assume receptionist duties when needed.
- Maintain designated electronic and hard copy filing systems, generate memos, emails and reports when appropriate and assist with planning meetings, retreats and conferences.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a high school diploma or equivalent; Associate’s degree preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience and technical proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail and accuracy, customer service skills with the ability to learn new information quickly
- $15.64/hour - $18.40/hour (non-exempt position)
To apply, submit the following materials to FCPHjobs@franklincountyohio.gov with subject - Administrative Assistant II - HSP
- Cover letter
- FCPH application (located: www.myfcph.org/careers)
- Examples of work product (minutes, reports, etc.)
You may alternatively mail your materials to:
Franklin County Public Health
Attn: Human Resources
280 East Broad Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215-4562
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Internal applicants (April 30, 2019); External applicants (until filled)
No phone calls please. Franklin County Public Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse and inclusive workforce.